Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Anticipation's got me glued

It’s amazing what goes thru your head when you think all is lost, and hope has been extinguished. When you’re running out of time, you start to treasure what you had, and imagine what you’ve wanted. I'm dangled over a rooftop, my enemy has kryptonite in hand, and I feel that my life of being a hero is at its end. I watched the cars pass from above; as I waited for the asphalt to rapidly move closer…then it happened. I had a change of heart. I no longer wanted to be untouchable, I just wanted to be. Then my second shock occurred, she made it happen. When suddenly without warning or delay, Lois Lane hits the deadly rock from my nemesis’ hand and I rise to my feet, rejuvenated and ready to save the day. I think that’s a pretty accurate analogy, it might sound more complicated then it really is, but aren’t stories more interesting that way? In this case, Yes..but my real life as Clark Kent has taken a new direction. It's no longer time to parade around for attention and avoiding rescues. I'm hanging up the cape until it's needed. Right now I've wrapped it around someone, who needs the cape more than I do.

Death Cab quote:
I'll sit and wonder of every love that could've been, If i'd only thought of something charming to say.

No comments: