Monday, November 22, 2004

New & Improved: Now made with hope, so he "looks" like a hero

This post is suitable for anyone over the age of 18 days old
Be adivsed, I coat my writing with symbolism


I'm not really good with just pointing out the obvious, so instead I'll stick to the anaolgies anomous for making.

Cast of characters
Superman...and I'll let you in on a little secret....It's ME

Supporting Characters
Lois Lane
Jimmy Olson
Chief Perry

Guest Apperances
Still casting these roles on a daily basis (inquire within)


Everyweek Superman has various adventures, here's one of em.

Episode381 (Metropolis in Peril, again)

What a fucking surprise, I'm saving the city again. I awoke from what I thought was the end of doom, and found myself back to holding control of the entire city, right in the palm of my hand. This time my enemy stood right infront of me, and laid my options out infront of me. Here's the deal. While the enemy was staing out my options, my ADD kicked in and at the moment I was wondering if I turned the oven off. Why is it that when it matters most, i'm not where I should be, mentally that is. See, the reality was is that I knew the oven was off, but instead i found it more convient to stray away from what was important.

*Commercial Break*

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... It does. If you're just tuning in, I'll refresh. Hero, Me...Problem... that seems to be it. Let's continue.

So i found myself back on the rooftop with my options infront of me.

- Save the city, and pursue being a hero. (lose the one you're with)

-Fuck the City, and be with the one you care for. (lose the world)

I could have saved myself the pain of sacrifice if I had just thought. For once, my actions are louder than words. So, where does that leave me? My dream, destiny, and love is being a hero, Whatever it costs to make that happen will be done. The conclusion to this episode isn't the greatest, but its reality in this hero's fable.

On a side note, I said something the other day that hurt. Not just to Lois Lane but also to myself. I told her that I was content with being by myself. Yes, that came out of my mouth. Major Fucking surprise. Really. Definately not something I'd normally say. But things aren't normal, and thats my reality.






1 comment:

Average Hero said...

i chose the world, you're right. you areincluded in that world.